So, I absolutely LOVE music. It’s my go-to stress relief and a way to express myself. I use Spotify and even have a premium account. Since I am a student I get an awesome discount (look into it if you are a student). These songs are the ones that I have been listening to non-stop all of February. Some of these songs are old and some of them are new. and here they are:
- Hold On, We’re Going Home by Pia Mia
- The Night We Met by Lord Huron
- Wait by Maroon 5
- chateau by blackbear
- The Best You Had by Nina Nesbitt
- Pray For Me (with Kendrick Lamar) by The Weeknd, Kendrick Lamar
- Small Doses by Bebe Rexha
- Why by Bazzi
- Love Lies by Khalid, Normani
- Then by Anna-Marie
I will link my Spotify if you’re interested in listening to these songs. They are in the playlist “new songs”.
peace n blessings
I have decided to become cruelty free with my makeup and beauty products. I chose to do this because one I love animals and two it’s 2018 and there’s no logical reason to still be testing on animals.
I have been researching this for a long time now and I’m happy that I am finally going through with it. I will list below the steps I took to complete this process, but first I need to give credit to the blogs/websites that helped me decide this and complete it:
These blogs are so amazing at providing information about going cruelty free and why you should, to telling you which brands are cruelty free. I decided to still use brands that have parent companies that still test on animals (which they should honestly stop). It was not hard giving up these products because knowing that animals were harmed in the making of them is not okay and it physically pains me to even think about it. So anyways, here are the steps I took to finally declutter my makeup.
- I keep my makeup in a cart that I got from Target, on the top I keep my face products (primer, foundation, concealer, bronzer, powder, and highlighter), in the middle I keep all my eye products (eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and brows) and on the bottom I keep lip products. So, the first step was pretty much separating all makeup between being cruelty free and non-cruelty free. (note: I did not take a before picture, but it was cramped!!)
- I then organized my cruelty free makeup back into the cart as best as I could because honestly this cart is running out of room.
- I then took the piles of my non cruelty free makeup and separated that into 3 piles; keep, throw away and give away. The ONLY reason I have a keep pile is because of products that I literally just bought that shouldn’t be shared with other people (eyeliners, mascaras, eye shadows, etc.). I threw out all the old items and the give away pile I am letting my roommates look through it and taking what they want.
- I then put all my non cruelty free makeup into a bin and it’s currently on the bottom shelf of the cart (pictured above on number 1) waiting to be used up and then never to be repurchased until the companies one day hopefully decide to become cruelty free.
The most eye opening part was that I literally had ONE mascara left (Wet’n’Wild). I am finishing up my beloved (but evil) L’Oreal Lash Paradise which is luckily a dupe for Too Faced’s Better Than Sex (which I will be repurchasing!!). I also just recently rebought my Maybelline Fit Me foundation so once that is finished I will also never repurchase it.
This experience is eye opening and I am happy that I am doing it and honestly I am doing it for my cat (crazy, I know) because yes, cats and dogs are also used as laboratory animals.
My next clean out will be my skincare products which won’t be too difficult because most of it is already natural and cruelty free, but i am excited to continue this positive change in my life.
peace n blessings
welcome to my second blog post. I wasn’t really sure what to write about but since I said I love makeup, I guess it can be about that!
My makeup bag always has my go to products in it and I rarely switch it out, unless I’m trying a new product or just bored of another one. and plus I wanted to do a “what’s in my makeup bag”, so here we go!
I’m going to go in order of how I would apply the items, so….
- Primer: bareMinerals Prime Time in Original. It’s just a basic silicone primer and it smooths everything down. It retails at Sephora for just $25
- Foundation: L’Oreal’s Infallible Pro-Matte 24 Hour foundation in shade 101 (classic ivory). It’s medium to full coverage and I just love the way it feels on the skin. You can get it at any drugstore and it retails for $12.99 at Ulta.
- Concealers: I switch between two different brands for concealers. the one that I always use is Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind in shade Fair. I’ve used this since I can remember and it’s never failed me. You can get it at any drugstore for $8.99. The second one that I use is another drugstore product and its Wet n Wild’s Photo Focus concealer in shade Light Ivory. Unfortunately, it’s still a little too dark for me, so I like to mix it with other light concealers, especially on nights that I go out. It really does minimize flashback in photos. It’s also very affordable at a price less than $5.
- Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent loose setting powder. This stuff is amazing!! I just recently finished the whole container, so I desperately need to repurchase. It’s honestly one the best products you need to own. get it at Sephora for $38.
- Bronzer: Kat Von D Shade & Light palette. I use the lightest bronze shade (sombre) in this palette and it’s just perfect for my pale complexion. it’s not too overbearing. get just the refill at Sephora for $16 or the whole palette for $49
- Highlight: my favorite makeup product ever. I alternate between this product the most, but currently I’m using 3 different ones the most. first, I use the Smashbox Spotlight palette in Pearl. it was made in collaboration with beauty YouTuber Casey Holmes and it is a beautiful palette. (Sephora, $35). second, I have been using the Tarte Skin Twinkle Vol 11, which is exclusive at Sephora for $42. third, I also love using the Cover|FX Custom Enhancer Drops in the shade moonlight for a more subtle highlight. Get it at Sephora for $42.
- Blush: Tarte Amazonion Clay Blush in Paaarty. the color is a really subtle pink, so not too overbearing on pale skin. Sephora, $29.
- Eyeshadow: ELF Nude Rose Gold palette which retails for just $10, you honestly can’t beat that and I also have been loving Maybelline’s city mini palette in Rooftop Bronzes, which is an all shimmer palette. (retails at $6.19 at Target)
- Mascara and Eyeliner: when I wear eyeliner I always use Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner in color Trooper. (Sephora, $20). for mascara which is also another favorite makeup product, I use L’Oreal’s Lash Paradise in the color black. This stuff took the makeup world by storm by being compared to Too Faced’s Better Than Sex massacre which is true because the are comparable, except for price. Pick up Lash Paradise for just $9.99.
- Brows: Benefit’s Gimme Brow in both 3 & 5 (it seems they don’t sell this product anymore, but Benefit does have similar products) I also use NYX Tame & Frame in shade Brunette. (Ulta, $6.99)
WOW. that took a while to actually go through. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. Although, I think these products are great they may not work the same for everyone and that’s okay because there are so many great products out there that will work for someone and not someone else. I have also purchased all these products with my own money and these opinions are my own.
peace n blessings
p.s. yes, the picture is bad quality, but I am unfortunately using an old iPhone so plz forgive me
As I’m sitting on my couch waiting for my last grade of the semester to be submitted, I got to thinking… what if I just started a blog? I mean what’s the worst that could happen? So, here it is. My blog. I’m literally just a basic girl going to school, trying to become a stable adult in this crazy world. There’s honestly not anything interesting about me. I don’t live a lavish lifestyle and I haven’t been all over the world, but maybe I can figure out what I’m good at. So, I guess in my very first post ever I can tell y’all a few things about me. And I now commence my list to begin……
- I was born and raised in Georgia (if you couldn’t tell by the use of “y’all” earlier) . Although, my parents are not southern. My dad is from New Jersey and my mom is from Idaho. #potatoes
- I am currently 22 years old and have no clue what I’m doing with my life. props to the 22 year olds that know what they’re doing.
- I have a very mischievous cat. He’s 2 years old and goes by Finn or Turd. I absolutely love him to death.
- I have been to 9 countries. I once visited 4 countries in one week. That was a very fun and quick adventure.
- I work at a grocery store that is famous for it’s subs. okay, you guessed it, I work at Publix. I’m the coolest cashier you’ll ever meet.
- As of right now I am majoring in Marketing. I just have to get passed the business school requirements to actually make it official. lol we’ll see.
- I have recently fallen in love with make up. I’ve always liked make up, but ever since my boyfriend bought me the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, I have fallen more in love and spent more than I should have at #sephora.
- Back to number 7, yes, I have a boyfriend. He’s the most adorable man I know. He’s currently an accountant, but wants to change that to professional golfer.
well, that’s it. see, I can’t even come up with 10 things about me. this blog is already starting off wonderfully. well, if you read the whole thing and still like me, then maybe I do have something going for me.
anyways, hopefully by now my teacher has posted my grade.